Sean Lewis can help you get a Temporary Non-Agricultural Worker Visa! Here are some frequently asked questions that we can help you answer!

The H-2B program allows U.S. employers or U.S. agents who meet specific regulatory requirements to bring foreign nationals to the United States to fill temporary nonagricultural jobs. A U.S. employer, or U.S. agent as described in the regulations, must file Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, on a prospective worker’s behalf.” -USCIS


Who Qualifies?

Petitioner must show that:

  • Not are not enough workers in the U.S for job
  • Wages and conditions will be the same as the U.S workers
  • Services are temporary
    • One time
    • Seasonal
    • Peak-load



“There is a statutory numerical limit, or “cap,” on the total number of foreign nationals who may be issued an H-2B visa or otherwise granted H-2B status during a fiscal year (FY). Currently, Congress has set the H-2B cap at 66,000 per fiscal year, with 33,000 for workers who begin employment in the first half of the fiscal year (October 1 – March 31) and 33,000 for workers who begin employment in the second half of the fiscal year (April 1 – September 30). “



What’s the process? See more here

  1. Submit temporary labor certification application
  2. Submit Form I-129
  3. Outside workers apply for visa


What countries allow this visa?

Some countries include…

  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Barbados
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Dominican Republic
  • Ecuador
  • El Salvador
  • Estonia
  • Ethiopia
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Jamaica
  • Japan
  • Malta
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Peru
  • The Philippines
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan*
  • Thailand
  • Ukraine
  • United Kingdom
  • Uruguay


How long can I stay?

Typically the temporary labor certification decides how long you can stay. It may be extended by 1 year. However, if it exceeds 3 years, individual must leave U.S for 3 months before seeking re-admission.


What about my family?

Thankfully we can help with that too!

“Any H-2B worker’s spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age may seek admission in H-4 nonimmigrant classification. Family members are not eligible for employment in the United States while in H-4 status.”


Still confused on what you should do? Call us at 615-226-4236 or 615-ABO-GADO!